Cynthia's Pursuits

Cynthia's Pursuits

Saturday, October 11, 2014


Nutrition and Breakfast

"They" say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and as I've gotten older I can ascribe to that. When I was younger, I never wanted to eat when I first woke, and I still can't. I have to wait a little while, but, I found my biggest problem was my severe aversion to eggs!

I grew up in a house where eggs were cooked almost every morning and the odor was overwhelming to me and I couldn't eat anything.

As I got older and had children of my own, I learned that breakfast doesn't have to be eggs, pancakes or cereal. You don't have to eat "breakfast foods" at breakfast!

Here is a quick and healthy breakfast for anyone on the go.

Quickie Wrap

Top one 8 inch whole wheat or whole grain tortilla with 2 slices of Canadian Bacon, or thinly sliced baked ham...1/2 a sliced apple...2 or 3 thin slices of Cheddar cheese.
Roll it up and pop in microwave for 45 seconds to a minute...until cheese melts.

If you want to add lettuce and tomato...do it...more fiber is always good!

It's lower in carbs and filling!



No comments:

Post a Comment